VASAM 2018 Annual Meeting
Saturday, October 20, 2018
Virginia Center for Addiction Medicine
2301 N. Parham Rd, Suite 4
Richmond, VA 23229
- Continental Breakfast (7:30am)
- Welcome Remarks (8:00am)
- SAMHSA Update (Jean Bennett, PhD) (8:15am - 8:45am)
- Stigma in Substance Use Disorder (Stephanie Peglow, DO) (8:45am - 9:45am)
- Complex Persistent Opioid Dependence (Ajay Manhapra, MD) (10:00am - 12:00pm)
- Lunch and View Posters (12:15pm - 12:45pm)
- Business meeting (12:45pm - 1:15pm) Community Coalitions of VA (CCoVA) Update (Mary Crozier, EdD)
- VA Department of Health Update (Carol Pratt, DDS) (1:30pm - 2:00pm)
- The Opioid Crisis in Your Office (Mary McMasters, MD) *Satisfies the VA Board of Medicine Controlled Substances CME Requirement
- Poster Awards (4:30pm)
VASAM is accepting poster submissions from trainees for our annual meeting.
The deadline for poster submissions is September 15, 2018.
Please submit an abstract or a digital copy of the poster to Michelle Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org for our CME committee to review.
We will provide a $200 stipend plus mileage for trainees to present posters at our meeting.
For those who wish to stay overnight we have a block of rooms at the:
6400 West Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23230
Rate: $109/night (book by 9/28/2018)
To reserve your room online:
Room Block: VASAM